Liz Rae wrote on Elite Daily on 13/3/15 an interesting article about 15 qualities that you can be reflected in meaning you are a workaholic as the title says.
1. You get on average of 4 to 5 hours of sleep per night. And it’s not because you can’t sleep because of work, well, it’s, but it’s also due to you think life is too short for you to sleep.
2. You’re either incredibly organized or talented hot mess. Liz Rae confesses that she has three calendars, not only one. She has them on the phone, online and on her wall.
3. Your first instinct when you wake up is to make coffee. This point is even more important than to think about what hour you have to wake up on the morning. Firstly is the coffee anyway.
4. You also think about your coffee intake all day. Coffee is for this person like a drug.
5. You find the most efficient way to do everything. Everything means sleep, travel, spend your money even more going to the bathroom. Moreover, if something is wasting your time you get angry.
6. You know everyone
7. You value hard work. Workaholic doesn’t take the easy path. If you slack off you know it’s inefficient.
8. You know the best way to use smartphone. In your phone the app you use is that one that finds you the quickest way to go to work, to file an expense report, to do mobile banking…
9. You know how to make work exciting. Because you like to live day-by-day with jokes or with taking lunch with new people every day.
10. You don’t take days off
11. You get annoyed when people tell you you’re a workaholic. As Liz Rae says, you already know this fact, so why do people feel the need to tell you?
12. You also get annoyed when people don’t work as hard.
13. You’re driven. Liz Rae explains this by meaning that you have underlying goals, that you want to change the world and that you’re doing what’s best for you.
14. You’ve a small group of friends. You only want friends who understand your effort to work as much.
15. You’re successful. Making money, changing the lives of others and working on large-scale projects is what drives you to get out of bed at 4am.
I don’t consider myself as a strict workaholic person but I have that impression in some points. For example, I consider myself with points 2, 3, 4, 5, 9, 11, 12, 14 and of course 13 and 15. They are many but not all of them are exactly done in my life. I have spent a joyful time reading this article because I have heard many time of this but I have never seen anything written down. That’s nice.