Friday 7 June 2013

My World

A NEW

 A Neanderthal living 120.000 years ago had a cancer that is common today, according to a fossil study.

What we call a tumor it's not just a new illnes from the fifties. It's discovered a neanderthal from 120.000 years ago bones that those has cancer. those bones were found in a cave of Krapina, Croatia discovered by US scientists. Untill this, the eldest bones that has founs with cancer had 1.000 - 4.000 years old by an ancient Egyptian.
Dr Kat Arney, a cancer research from the UK says: "Some people think that cancer is only a modern disease, but there's evidence from fossils, bones and mummies that it's actually many thousands of years old".
And It's true because I thought cancer increased with the mobile phones and other technologyes but I actually never thought at what time did cancer appeared. Now I know my answare and I'm proud to know it.
The tumor of the bone was diagnosed because of the medical radiologist from X-rays and CT cans. The cave was full of bones and skeletons, not just this one.
If it's found a skeleton with cancer, maybe we can found much more disease that our ancestors had.
If I were an antropologician I'm sure I could find more amazing discovering thing like that, it's awesome.


Web of the new: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-22780717




WEB IMAGE

No comments:

Post a Comment